From Staff Reports
A public hearing on the Webster County School District’s new budget will be next week.
The School Board has set July 7 as the date for the 2014-15 budget public hearing and July 14 as the budget adoption meeting. Board members did so when they met June 9, according to minutes of that meeting.
Monday’s budget hearing will be at 5 p.m., according to the “Notice of Proposed Ad Valorem Tax Effort” for the WCSD. The notice states the proposed budget has projected revenue of $16.18 million. Of that amount,14.12 percent or $2.28 million is proposed to be financed through a total ad valorem tax levy.
Superintendent of Education Jack Treloar said the district will not ask for an increase of ad valorem taxes from the county. The school district’s new fiscal year began Tuesday.
Also on June 9, records show the School Board:
- approved revisions to the Food Services Policy and the Special Programs for Gifted Students Policy, which were tabled at a previous meeting.
- tabled revisions to the Mandatory Drug Testing/Student Drug Testing Policy. Scott Hollenhead (District 4) voted nay.
- approved the hiring of Stephanie Sanderford as a teacher at East Webster Elementary School beginning Aug. 1.
- rejected a lone bid received for a 16th Section hunting and fishing lease because it was less than the minimum advertised bid of $7.05 per acre, and voted to re-advertise the lease at a lower minimum.
- approved the district Dropout Prevention Plan for 2014-15.
- approved the hiring of Tonya Adkins as an assistant teacher at Eupora Elementary School beginning Aug. 1.
- approved a request that Ledrick Patterson be allowed to be a volunteer coach with the East Webster High School football team.
- approved a recommendation from the superintendent that all board members needing continuing education credit hours attend training in Clinton on June 28, to be registered and paid for by the school district.
- set 2014-15 salaries for administrators and department heads, the superintendent (which will remain the same) and classified staff, and prorated salaries for four Federal Programs positions.
- approved coaching supplements and contract days for 2014-15.
- approved the monthly financial reports and docket of claims.
The board also met June 23.