From Staff Reports
Webster County School District board members have approved the hiring of certified staff for the 2014-15 school year.
They did so May 12 upon the recommendation of Superintendent of Education Jack Treloar, according to the minutes of that meeting. Certified personnel were approved for Eupora and East Webster schools, the Career and Technology Center, and the Special Education Department.
In other business May 12, records show the board:
- approved a request from Jim Ray, principal of East Webster Elementary School, to transfer Jennipher Johnson from third-grade teacher to gifted teacher.
- accepted a donation from the Eupora Jr. High Cheerleader Boosters to the EHS Jr. High cheerleaders.
- accepted the resignations of Stephen Edwards as a teacher/coach at East Webster High School effective June 30 and Patsy Watson as a teacher at Eupora High School effective May 23.
- approved the hiring of Stanley Hughley as a teacher/coach at EWSH beginning Aug. 2 and Clayton Dodd as a special education teacher at EHS beginning Aug. 1.
- adopted resolutions congratulating the varsity cheerleader squad, dance team and tennis team at EWHS for winning state 2A championships.
- approved a request from instructor Paul Orr of the Agriculture Power and Machinery class at the Career and Technology Center to take four students to out-of-state competition.
- Colton Harrison, Tyler Ray, Blake Whitehurst and Levi Womack won the district and state FFA titles this past spring in Ag Technology and Mechanical Systems. They will attend the national competition in Louisville, Ky., from Oct. 28-Nov. 3.
- approved seven summer workers.
- tabled revisions to the “Attendance, Tardiness and Excuses,” “Report Cards” and “Grading Systems” policies. The latter two were tabled under the condition that all teachers in the district be polled to gather their input.
- approved an amendment to the 2013-14 special education project to purchase buses to transport handicapped students.
- approved the financial reports for April and the May docket of claims.