Board approves EHS architectural firm
From Staff Reports
Last week’s meeting of Webster County School Board included approval of an architectural firm for services related to repair of a fire-damaged building.
The action occurred May 5, according to the minutes of that meeting. After sharing information from architectural firms concerning repairs to the Eupora High School building damaged in March by fire, Superintendent of Education Jack Treloar recommended that the district use The McCarty Co.
Minutes reflect that the board approved the recommendation.
Additionally on May 5, records show the School Board:
- recognized East Webster High School student Taylor Davis as the Webster County Board of Education Student of the Month for May.
- accepted a donation of $500 from Mr. and Mrs. Charlie Bowen to the Webster County Career and Technology Center to fund the Justin Cooper Memorial Scholarship.
- granted permission to advertise to take bids on two 16th Section hunting and fishing leases that are expiring in August and five currently unleashes sections.
- approved the Local Educational Agency Statement of Assurances.
- accepted the resignation of Michael Box from his position as a bus driver.
- approved Dallas Ferguson, , Wayne Sanderson, James Shaw and Kenneth Wade to drive summer bus routes for the Extended School Year Program.
- approved the hiring of Austin Willbanks as a teacher/coach at East Webster High School beginning July 1.
- approved a request from Treloar to transfer $116,000 from the forestry escrow account fund to be used in the purchase of buses.
- approved a right-of-way easement involving East Webster High School and Cumberland Water Association.
- accepted the resignation of Daymond Knight, district technology technician.
- approved five summer workers: Luke Wilson, John Wofford Williams and Charlie Brand at East Webster High School; and Braden Harrison and Laterris Powell at East Webster Elementary School
- approved Dylan Henley and Derek Jones as district maintenance summer workers.
- approved a revision to the final change order approved April 14 on the East Webster High School construction project.
- approved issuance of a manual check to Panola Construction Co. for $168,128.96 in payment for services at EWHS.
Board members expressed its appreciation to Heidi Young for 28 yeas of service to the school district as business administrator. Young was presented a plaque expressing gratitude for her many years of dedicated service. Her retirement was effective April 30.