By the Rev. J.B. Rowe
Scripture: Hebrews 12:25-26: “See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven.
“Whoso voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only but also heaven.”
Mr. Obama and his staff will not stop the shaking. There is no power or authority that will hold the destruction at bay. There will be an earthquake that the likes have not been. It has been reported that an earthquake may divide the United States up and down the Mississippi Valley. God knows! God called Moses up Mt. Sinai. Then appeared a cloud, smoke and fire. A trumpet sounded loud and long. The people feared and would not go near the mountain. The earth shook and trembled (Exodus 19:18).
Jesus said, Matthew 24:29, “There will be earthquakes such as never was — signs in the heavens” — distress of nations, the breaking up of nations. This is happening now! And will increase as time passes — in the last days.
Daniel 2: Nebuchadnezzar’s dream — four beasts — Daniel interprets. We will start with fourth beast, the kingdom of iron, Roman kingdom
Verse 40: “And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
41) “And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters’ clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
44) “And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.”
Now, we are talking about God breaking up the kingdoms — governments of this world — it is happening now! It has been happening in Europe and Asia — now in the United States. This is all in preparation for the kingdom of Christ, God to take his world back.
45) “Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain (the mountain is the kingdom of God and the stone is Jesus Christ) without hands (Jesus conceived by the Spirit of the Father, born of Virgin Mary).”
Jesus was/is the visible image of the invisible God. The “stone” cut out without hands breaks in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver and gold (all these metals and earth represent kingdoms/governments). Before Christ sets up his righteous kingdom, all others must be destroyed.
Daniel continues, “The great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.”
It happened just as Daniel said, and continues to happen until the last world power is broken, Daniel 2:44. I say only time remains — the present system and the Antichrist system. These things are just ahead. I am waiting to see what was to happen April 29, 2014. What God doesn’t break, the Antichrist will. He will destroy every vestige of Christianity that God does not protect. The people that stay with God through thick and then, God will provide for. Israel broke themselves off from God, so, he turned them out on and over the world. Those who stayed in Jerusalem suffered great tragedies, much bloodshed and sorrow. God did not speak for about 400 years. You and I do not have to be left alone.
God made a promise to us in Proverbs 3:1-6: “My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
- “For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
- “Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
- “So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
- “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
- “In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
We need him more now than ever — except in our salvation experience. “Seek him and he will be found, when we seek him with all our heart.” Amen.
Bro. J.B. Rowe of Tomnolen may be contacted at 552-1234.