From Staff Reports
The Webster County School Board has approved administrators and department heads for the 2-14-15 school year.
Superintendent of Education Jack Treloar recommended their approval on Feb. 10, according to the minutes of that meeting. No changes were made.
Those approved were Bill Brand, East Webster High School principal; Phil Ferguson, Career and Technology Center director; Laci Knight, Eupora High School principal; Jim Ray, East Webster Elementary School principal; Trey Rolison, Eupora Elementary School principal; Michael Adkins, Alternative School administrator/district test coordinator; Clint Hester, technology coordinator; Kim Jones, maintenance director; James Mason, federal programs director; Wanda Porter, special education director; Amy Rollins, food services director; and Heidi Young, business manager.
Additionally, the board accepted donations from various donors to help replace the U.S. flag that was stolen from the EWHS campus the night of Jan. 25. The theft was caught on surveillance video, and a 26-year-old Eupora man was charged with grand larceny in connection with the crime five days later.
Also accepted were donations to sponsor East Webster’s high school cheerleaders and their trip to the National Cheer Competition in Orlando, Fla., donations to EWHS for softball state championship rings and donations to the Eupora High baseball team.
In other business, minutes show the board:
- approved change orders for the EWHS gymnasium from Custom Construction & Design of South Herriman, Utah.
- approved John Harris as a volunteer coach with the EHS fast-pitch softball program; Nancy Davis (District 2) voted nay.
- approved a request from Rollins to allow EES teacher Patricia Cochran to take her fifth- and sixth-grade SHAPE students on a field trip to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Ala., on April 3.
- approved amendments to the 2012-13 and 2013-14 special education budgets.
- approved the financial reports for the month of January after reviewing and discussing them.