By the Rev. J.B. Rowe
Scripture: Hosea 1:2-6: “The beginning of the word of the Lord by Hosea. And the Lord said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the Lord.
3) “So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim; which conceived, and bare him a son.
4) “And the Lord said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.
5) “And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the brow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel.
6) “And she conceived again, and bore a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.”
We are indeed “in perilous times.” A vast majority of the nation shut down to watch a football game. Many churches dismissed worship time to worship sports. The Bible says, “Bodily exercise profits but little.” As God said to Hosea and Israel — “Thy people have gone whoring after other gods.”
Why did God tell Hosea to take a whore for a wife? He wanted to show how Israel had forsaken its loving holy God for Baal. The God that had brought them out of bondage and given them a “good land flowing with milk and honey.”
Now they had forsaken him. He would withdraw his mercy. Many strange gods are appearing in America that are getting a lot of attention. God may withdraw his mercy from us!
7) “But I (God) will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the Lord their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.
8) “Now when she (Gomer) had weaned Loruhemah, she conceived, and bare a son.
9) “Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I am not your God.”
Israel had split: Israel, 10 tribes, and Judah, two tribes. (this was about 784 B.C.) It is sad indeed to hear the sovereign God say, “You are not my people and I am not your God.”
Israel went into Assryian captivity in 721 B.C. It never went back to Jerusalem, but was scattered over Europe and into Asia. Europe is populated with Israelite people who will one day in the future attack Jerusalem — God, Magog, Meshak, Tubal, Ashkenazi and others. Judah also came to a place/time of rejection.
Deuteronomy 31:16-17: “And the Lord said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people shall rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.
“Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evil and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us?”
These people woke up to the truth! God did not give this land to America — the pilgrims fought, starved and died for their freedom to worship as they desire to do.
This nation was founded upon biblical principles. The leaders sought God’s will in forming our government. They fasted and prayed before making decisions. Obama said that “America was no longer a Christian nation!” Could that be a lack of leadership?
Listen to what God said through Jeremiah the prophet. Jeremiah 7:3-4: “Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.
4) “Trust ye not in lying words, saying “The temple of the Lord, The temple of the lord, The temple of the Lord!”
It does not matter if a church is on every corner. That does not mean the presence of the Lord is there. They have thrown the Lord out of everything else, so he has decided to leave that building! God is speaking about the saddest words that you will ever hear. Judah’s sins have broken his heart.
Jeremiah 14:11-14: “Then said the Lord unto me, Pray not for this people for their good.
12) “When they fast, I will not hear their cry, and when they offer burnt offering and grain offerings, I will not accept them: but I will consume them by the sword, and by famine, and by the pestilence.
13) “Then said I, “Ah, Lord God! Behold, the prophets say unto them, Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.
14) “Then the Lord said unto me, The prophet’s prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them.”
Three times in Jeremiah God said “Pray not for this people.”
The first thing that America will have to do is repent from the “top down.” If this does not happen, it is going to progressively get worse. “The writing is on the wall.” But there is deliverance and glory for those who hear God’s voice and come out of her false doctrine and teachings.
Jonah was in the belly of the fish in the bottom of the sea with weeds wrapped around his head. He remembered God and the temple; he prayed. God heard him in his distress, spoke to the fish, and the fish deposited Jonah on dry ground. God spoke and said “Go do what I told you to do.”
Jonah went to Nineveh and preached “forty days and Nineveh will be destroyed.” The king heard the warning — repented, put on sackcloth and ashes, and all the people and children, even the animals put on sackcloth. God saw and heard, and spared that great city!
Do you suppose that America, with all our idolatrous abominations, would try wholesale repentance and prayer? This is all that will save us. If not, just one by one! Dear Lord extend your mercy to us. Amen.