From Staff Reports
The Webster County School Board approved changes to two 16th Section leases at a previous meeting.
Superintendent of Education Jack Treloar, on Feb. 3, recommended reducing Carrie Culpepper’s 16th Section farm/residential lease of 10 acres to a residential lease of three acres, and reclassifying as forestry land the remaining seven acres. A motion was approved to accept the lease change and reclassify the remaining acreage as forestry land, according to the minutes.
Additionally, the board approved a request from Jodie Mae Reives that the 16th Section residential lease held by her late mother, Doris Reives, be transferred to her.
Eupora Elementary School Principal Trey Rolison introduced student Walker Mitchell as the Webster County Board of Education Student of the Month.
In other business, records show the board:
- approved Kristi Johnson as a substitute teacher at EES for the remainder of the school year.
- accepted the resignation of Tommy Lott as a bus driver, and approved the hiring of James Shaw, Brad Mitchell, Connie Griffin and Todd Hutchinson as bus drivers.
- accepted donations to the Eupora High School basketball program, EHS junior high cheerleaders and East Webster High School.
- approved a request from EWHS football coach Doug Wilson to sell sweatshirts and have a scrap metal drive as fundraisers.
- approved asset disposals and removal from inventory.
Bobby McMullen (District 1) was absent.