The Eupora Police Department investigated these charges during January:
Speeding, 15; no driver’s license, one; suspended driver’s license (implied consent), two; no proof of insurance, four; DUI-1st offense (zero tolerance), one; improper equipment, two; disregard for traffic device (stop sign), one; lost property, one; dog and animal control violation, two; harassment, two; threats, two; disturbance of a family, one; possession of liquor, two;
possession of beer, one; contempt of court, three; malicious mischief, four; peeping tom, one; petit larceny, one; simple assault, five; simple assault-attempt to create fear, one; and grand larceny (jewelry), one.
The EPD investigated seven traffic accidents, and made one felony arrest and seven misdemeanor arrests.
Ortegus Coffey: uttering forgery.
Brad Cole: contempt warrant.
Hershall Devon Hunter: suspended DL-implied consent.
Perez Ledger: contempt warrant.
Billy Dean Medders: suspended DL-implied consent, no insurance and improper equipment.
Nicole Gabrielle Roberts: DUI-1st (zero tolerance), possession of beer and improper equipment.
Brick Pryor Townsend: simple assault-attempt to create fear.
Ashley Wise: contempt warrant.
These are results from the December 2013 recall/January 2014 grand jury in Webster County Circuit Court involving Eupora PD cases:
• Robert Baker, DUI-3rd: five years/two years house arrest/three years post-release supervision.
• John Johnson, indecent exposure-3rd offense: five years/two years to serve/three years PRS.
• Lazerick Davis, sale of marijuana at school: pretrial diversion.
• Markita White, uttering forgery-three counts: three years probation, non-adjudication.
• Krystal Hill, possession of crack cocaine within 1,500 feet of a church: two years probation, non-adjudication.
EDITOR’S NOTE: An arrest does not mean the accused is guilty. U.S. citizens are presumed innocent until they are proved guilty in court.