From Staff Reports
Webster County School District board members handled routine matters at their Oct. 15 meeting.
According to the minutes of that meeting, the board approved or accepted:
• the 2012-13 final amended budget as presented by Business Manager Heidi Young.
• the Fiscal Year 2014 Title VI Assurance.
• a recommendation from Trey Rolison, Eupora Elementary School principal, to hire Lynda Lamb as a part-time bookkeeper effective Oct. 16.
• the annual First Pitch Banquet fundraiser to be held in February at East Webster High School.
• Ryan Spencer as a volunteer assistant coach with the EWHS baseball program.
• approved a recommendation from Superintendent of Education Jack Treloar to renew a 16th Section farm/residential lease for Carrie Culpepper.
• a recommendation from Treloar to readvertise a 16th Section hunting and fishing lease.
• the September docket of claims.
Correction: An Oct. 24 article should have stated that on Oct. 7, the school board tabled recommendations from Treloar to revise the “School Admission” policy and delete the “Tuition for Out-of-District Students” policy.
Bobby McMullen (District 1) was absent Oct. 15.