From Staff Reports
The Webster County School Board approved transfer requests for five students on Aug. 5.
Superintendent of Education Jack Treloar presented student transfer requests from Madison Reed, Colton Reed and Houston Davis, which were tabled at the July 15 meeting. Each request included a release from the Oktibbeha County School District, according to the minutes.
A motion by Scott Hollenhead (District 4) to approve the student transfer requests was approved 5-0. Keith Hudspeth (District 5) seconded his motion because Oktibbeha County will not be releasing any more students, the minutes state.
In a separate motion, the board unanimously approved a student transfer request for Katelyn and Tyler Pilkington. Their request also included a release from Oktibbeha County.
In other business Aug. 5, records show the board:
• approved asset disposals.
• tabled requests from Eupora Elementary School and East Webster High School to hold various fundraisers.
• approved a special education project application (IDEA Part B and preschool).
• approved a request from the Webster County Baptist Association for an easement to the property south of the association’s office at 2313 Veterans Memorial Blvd. The purpose of the easement will be for acquiring access to the back of the association’s property for parking purposes.
• approved a request from Treloar to advertise to take bids on a 156-acre timber sale on 16th Section property.
• approved bus routes and bus driver salary schedules for 2013-14.
• approved the hiring of Dean Johnson for half of an AA route and Jack Vanderford as a substitute bus driver.
• approved the hiring of Traill Daniels, Derek Jones and Joshua Rollins on a temporary basis to help move and set up food service equipment when EWHS moves into the new building at Cumberland.
• approved Jennifer Waller as a substitute cafeteria worker for 2013-14.
• approved 36 individuals as substitute teachers for 2013-14.