From Staff Reports
Webster County School Board members approved revision of a district policy at a previous meeting.
They approved the revision to the “Promotion and Retention” policy at the request of Superintendent Jack Treloar, according to minutes of the May 13 board meeting. The matter had been been tabled May 6.
Additionally on May 13, the board tabled adoption of a “Reporting of Master Schedules” policy.
These items were approved or accepted as a part of the Consent Agenda:
• Regina Wofford and Charles Morton as summer workers at Eupora Elementary School.
• Sharon Tindall to be rehired for the 2013-14 school year.
• the Mississippi Adequate Education Program teacher pay scale for 2013-14.
• June 20 as the date for the 2013-14 budget public hearing and June 27 as the date for the budget adoption meeting.
• a request from Business Manager Heidi Young to transfer $1 million of 16th Section interest funds to the East Webster High School Disaster Fund to temporarily cover rebuilding expenses until reimbursement is received from FEMA, MEMA and insurance.
• the hiring of Danya Turner as a Eupora High School teacher/coach beginning Aug. 1.
• the hiring of Lassandra Turner as an EHS assistant teacher beginning Aug. 1.
• a request from EWHS Principal Bill Brand for manual checks to be paid to Jefferson Masonry for work on the band hall at the school, either on a weekly or a bimonthly basis. The company was the low bidder for block and brickwork.
• a recommendation from Dr. Wanda Porter, director of special education, of these personnel for the Extended School Year Program (May 28-June 27): teachers Chip Powell and Andrea Myers, assistant Patricia Evans, and bus drivers, Dallas Ferguson and Wayne Sanderson.
• a request from Young to write off old returned checks that a check collecting agency which no exists was unable to collect.
• the hiring of Ben Hill as bus shop foreman, beginning July 1.
• the donation of $500 from Charles and Marilyn Bowen to the Justin Cooper Memorial Scholarship fund.
• Harold Graham Jr. to be rehired for the 2013-14 school year.
• a request from Mitsuko Knight of Dorroh Lake Road that the 16th Section lease in the name of her late husband, Henry Knight, be transferred into her name.
Scott Hollenhead (District 4) was absent.