From Staff Reports
Webster County School District board members accepted 16th Section timber bids last week.
Bids were taken on three tracts of timber on May 6. Superintendent Jack Treloar, according to the minutes, recommended the board accept two bids from FJH Inc. to clear-cut a 60-acre tract for $88,560 and thin a 156-acre tract (various prices), and another from James Johnson Logging LLC to thin a 170-acre tract (various prices).
In other business, the board approved the hiring of certified and classified staff for the 2013-14 school year as recommended by school administrators and Treloar.
Director Phil Ferguson of the Webster County Career and Technology Center introduced Sarah Mitchell as the Board of Education Student of the Month for May.
Also, the board tabled a revision to the district’s “Promotion and Retention” policy until its next scheduled meeting, which was Monday.
These items were approved as a part of the Consent Agenda, records show:
• the hiring of 10 summer workers.
• accepted a $300 donation from the Webster County Cluster of Methodist Churches to East Webster Elementary School, a $100 donation from Dorroh Photography to the Eupora High School annual staff and a $777 donation from EHS cheerleader boosters to EHS cheerleaders.
• approved Wendy Blaylock as a teacher at the Career and Technology Center beginning July 1.
• approved Judy Thompson as part-time janitor at EWES to work no more than four hours a day.
• accepted the resignation of Linda Stidham and Brittney McAfee, EWES teachers, effective May 24.
• accepted the resignation of Bruce Hawkins, EWES maintenance worker, effective May 31.
• accepted the resignation of Bryant Thomas, EHS teacher and coach, effective May 24.
• accepted the resignation of Joe Hays, WCCTC guidance counselor, effective June 30.
• accepted the resignation of Benny Thompson, bus shop foreman, effective June 30.
• accepted the resignation of Lynda Lamb, Eupora Elementary School bookkeeper, effective May 2.
• accepted the resignation of William Easley, EWHS teacher, effective May 24.
• accepted the resignation of Vicki Bell, EHS part-time librarian, effective May 24.
• approved the dissolution of EES assistant teacher position Susan White because of cuts in special education funding.
• accepted the resignation of Sammie Gore, bus driver, effective May 24.
• approved a $2,460 manual check to Lee Trenton Gee Jr. for work on the EHS baseball field house.
• approved a fundraiser for the East Webster High School band.
• approved the 2013 Consolidated Federal Programs Application.
• approved an amendment to the special education project.