From Staff Reports
The county School Board has formally agreed to let supervisors use its boardroom because of last month’s courthouse fire.
School Board minutes show that members approved a recommendation from Superintendent Jack Treloar on Feb. 4 to enter into an interlocal agreement with the Webster County Board of Supervisors. The agreement is for the use of the central office boardroom as a meeting place for supervisors on the first and third Mondays and the last working day of each month. They have been using the boardroom since the Jan. 17 courthouse fire.
Additionally, the School Board approved:
• a request from Technology Coordinator Clint Hester to advertise to take bids for an internet provider and WAN (wide-area network) circuit services provider.
• a revision to the “Booster Organizations” policy and policy revisions recommended by the Mississippi School Boards Association, which were tabled at the previous board meeting.
• these requests for student releases/transfers from the Oktibbeha County School District for the remainder of the school year under the provisions of the district tuition policy: Sawyer Bennett, Lena Kate Fulgham and Jake Fulgham to attend East Webster Elementary School, and Brooklyn Bryant and Maggie Mann to attend East Webster High School.
Jim Ray, East Webster Elementary School principal, introduced Garrett Womack as the Webster County Board of Education Student of the Month for February.
School Board members approved these items as a part of the consent agenda, according to the minutes:
• accepted donations from the Eupora Eagle Football Booster Club for the Eupora High School football program and from the Eupora Eagle Baseball Booster Club for the EHS baseball program.
• approved fundraisers for the EWHS chorus, EHS Student Council and Eupora High FBLA.
• approval manual checks to Carlos Selvera Construction for labor ($3,115), Rowlen Electric for labor ($6,840) and to MVSB for the Spring Career Fair registration fee ($175).
• approved Kinsey Brooks as a long-term substitute teacher at Eupora Elementary School beginning Feb. 5.
• approved Lisa Wofford and Kellie Seals as substitute teachers for the remainder of the school year.