Lucius reunion The Lucius reunion will be Aug. 11 at noon at Larry’s of Eupora, formerly Rekab’s, 704 Highway 9 S., Eupora; 258-4800.
All family and friends are invited to attend. Please bring recent family history: births, marriages, deaths. RSVP 258-4506 or 653-4138. For information contact Ray Lucius at 258-4506.
Gospel music jubilee Aug. 11 A gospel music jubilee will be at 6 p.m. Aug. 11 at the Gore Springs Community Center. Heavenly Journey, Fishers of Men, Saving grace, David Holloway and Chosen Road, and Bobby Weeks will perform. Admission is $5.
Gospel singing Hearts Desire, Psalms Trio and Joy Card will perform at 7 p.m. Aug. 11 at the Sherwood Community Center. A love offering will be received.
Christmas Market planning meeting Do you love Eupora? Do you love Christmastime? Are you looking for just the right project to make a difference?
Come join us for the Christmas Market planning meeting, Aug. 14 at 6:30 p.m. at the Eupora Depot.
Quick Bites Quick Bites are held at the Webster County Extension Office during lunch, noon-1 p.m. Call 258-3971 to register for each program.
• Aug. 16: Drying and Preserving Flowers. Dr. Wayne Porter, area horticulturist, will provide information on drying and preserving flowers so you can enjoy some of your garden’s summer beauty during the dreary days of winter.
• Aug. 23: The Potter’s Hand Lee Ann Williamson, Christian World Missions, will use the potter’s wheel to illustrate not only how to make pottery but also in what ways the techniques apply to how we are shaped throughout life.
Blood drive United Blood Services will conduct a blood drive at Eupora First United Methodist Church on Aug. 21 from 2-7 p.m. in the fellowship hall.
Every three seconds someone needs blood in this country — the overwhelming majority would die without it.
“Be a hero-help save lives.” Register today to give blood on Aug. 21 by calling Frances Hyde at 552-0705 or call Gwen Rico at the church office, 258-2611.
Cub Scout registration Cub Scout registration will be Aug. 28 at the Woodmen of the World lodge in Eupora starting at 5:30 p.m. for boys in grades 1-5. Refreshments will be served at registration. Several things will be set up so that those not familiar with scouting or what Cub Scouts do may feel free to come check it out. Any questions contact Nikki Carpenter at 552-5132.
Black-eyed Pea Festival Mantee’s third annual Black-eyed Pea Festival will be Oct. 27. Events and contact information:
• Black-eyed Pea Cooking Contest: no entrance fee; 567-2362.
• Vendor information: booth fee is $15 for one booth or $25 for two; 456-2628, 456-5501, 552-2625 or 694-0301.
• Cakewalk: 456-4197.
• 5K run and fun run: entrance fee is $15 for the 5K and $10 for the fun run; 552-4229.
• Antique car show: car entrance fee is $25; 312-8930 or 448-1194.
Story Time Story Time at Webster County Public Library in Eupora is every Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. Children ages 3-6 are invited to attend and enjoy stories and activities.
AA meetings Alcoholics Anonymous meets Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 5-6 p.m. at North Mississippi Medical Center-Eupora in the Education Conference Room.
Bingo at VFW Bingo is every Saturday at 6 p.m. at VFW Post 3806 in Eupora.
Longview Opry Enjoy music, refreshments and fun at the Longview Opry on Highway 12 in Longview every Saturday at 7 p.m. Talent is welcome. Admission is free.