From Staff Reports
A public hearing on the Webster County School District’s 2012-13 budget is set for next week.
The hearing will be June 21 and budget adoption will be June 28, both at 7 p.m. in the boardroom of the Central Office Building.
The county School Board set the hearing and budget adoption dates during its May 8 meeting, according to the minutes.
Records also show the board discussed a student discipline matter in executive session, with no action taken. Lana Hitt was listed on the meeting agenda for that item.
In a matter tabled from the two previous meetings, the board approved a task order from H2O partners.
EWHS Gym Architect Leland Gray discussed plans and construction of monolithic dome-style gymnasiums with the board.
After the presentation, Superintendent of Education Jack Treloar recommended the board hire Leland Gray Architects as architect over the gymnasium construction project at East Webster High School’s Cumberland campus. The recommendation was approved unanimously.
The board tabled its decisions as to revision of the “Network and Intermediate Policy Use” policy and adoption of a new policy, “Internet Safety,” both submitted by Clint Hester, technology coordinator.
The board accepted a $14,900 Discover Pathway to Financial Success Grant from the Brighter Futures Fund.
The grant will fund classroom textbooks, student workbooks, simulations and teacher resources to assist in teaching personal finance, business finance and economics, all of which are included in the new Business Fundamentals and Business Management courses to be offered next school year at the Career and Technology Center.
Additionally, board members approved the district’s Title I and Title II 2013 plan.
Consent Agenda These items were approved/accepted as a part of the May 8 Consent Agenda:
* the resignation of Bill Stewart, Alternative School assistant teacher, effective May 24.
* Phillip Jordan and Jake Williams as summer workers at EWHS, and Clay Collins as a summer worker at the bus shop.
* Megan R. Hopkins as a Spanish teacher at EWHS and Eupora High School beginning Aug. 1.
* Suzanne Rollins as band director at EWHS beginning Aug. 1
* Catherine Vandewege as a teacher at EWHS beginning Aug. 1.
* Judy Pittman as a teacher at EHS beginning Aug. 1.
* the resignation of Terry Jones as maintenance worker/bus driver effective June 4.
* the hiring of Venice Alan Cooper as a bus shop worker beginning May 14.