The Webster County School Board has approved the rehiring of administrators and department heads, records show.
Superintendent of Education Jack Treloar, on Feb. 14, recommended administrators and department heads be rehired for the 2012-13 school year, according to minutes of that meeting. Recommended for rehiring were principals Michael Adkins, Bill Brand, Lundy Brantley and Jim Ray; Career and Technology Director Phil Ferguson; Technology Coordinator Clint Hester; Maintenance Director Kim Jones; Federal Programs Director James Mason; Special Education Director Wanda Porter; Food Services Director Amy Rollins and Business Manager Heidi Young.
Upon request by Etty P. Brown (District 3), Adkins, who is principal at Eupora Elementary, was voted on separately. The following motion to rehire him was approved 4-1, with Brown voting nay.
A motion to approve the remaining administrators and department heads was approved unanimously.
In other business, James Woodard met with the board to discuss the activities and fundraising projects the Hoopsters Association is involved in to raise money for the Eupora High School basketball teams. He also presented a donation of $993 to EHS for basketball shooting shirts, which was accepted.
These items were approved as a part of the consent agenda:
• disposal of and removal from inventory of four non-working CPUs.
• donations from Stylz by Megan, Alfa Insurance, Reflection Salon, Sisters Photography and Bank of Kilmichael to the EHS Annual Staff.
• fundraisers for the East Webster High School chorus, EWHS baseball and EHS Merit Committee.
• Christopher Gordon and Ryan Spencer as volunteer assistant baseball coaches at EWHS.
• out-of-state field trip for the EHS band.
• the issuance of a manual check for $49,500 for the purchase of 11 used school buses.
• Kara Anthony as a substitute teacher for the remainder of the school year.
Scott Hollenhead (District 4) was absent.